Dec 5th, 2018: Welcome to the NULS bi-monthly progress update.
In the second half of November, 2018, there has been some important update regarding the future of NULS! Now, let’s get right into it, shall we?
- NULS 2.0
- A bunch of business modules have entered the code review stage, while others such as the cross-chain module are in the coding stage.
2. Node Wallet
- The NULS main-net wallets v1.1.3 & v1.1.4 was released. The percentage of consensus nodes with upgraded wallet has reached 90% and the main-net protocol was successfully upgraded at 04:22:30 on Nov 27th, 2018 (GMT+8), with Smart Contracts enabled on the main-net and the function of exchanging small change launched.
3. Web Wallet
- The web wallet has been updated to v0.9.2, which fixed some bugs on display details, and added the mobile adapters. Now using mobile browser to access web wallet will give you a better user experience.
4. Blockchain Explorer (https://nulscan.io)
- The v1.1.0 has been launched, with additional list and details display of the tokens and contracts. Besides, now you can query contracts by contract address;
- The response time of the web wallet and blockchain explorer has been improved from 5 seconds to only 2–3 seconds;
- Community voting tool, the first smart contract DApp from the NULS dev team, has been launched and can be accessed through the web wallet. Users can vote, view and initiate new votes. A deposit of 100 NULS tokens is required to initiate a vote and the voting itself only requires a very small transaction fee. Community members are welcome to try it out and give us feedback.
5. Official Website
- The v1.1.2 has been launched, adding the Chinese-English switching function, Community page, Developer page, Technical Community section, bi-monthly report section in Information page. The Roadmap has also been updated.
- The v1.3.0 has been launched, changing the display structure of the Wallet page and classifying the wallet into three types: Desktop, APP, and Web Wallets.
- The NULS core team has proposed the NIP (NULS Improvement Proposal) Standard, which is a process standard for proposals of NULS protocols, modules, client APIs, community governance, environment, information, etc. For example, future suggestions on protocols, modules, community governance and so on can be proposed through this process. After the proposal is approved, relevant matters will be implemented in accordance with this standard. NIP’s process has been reviewed and a detailed document will be released to the community.
7. NULS Document Library
- The NULS document library has passed the review and will enter the development stage. It will archive all documents related to NULS, such as node manuals, how to use test-net/main-net, underlying design documents, API manuals, smart contract development documents, etc.
Technical Community Progress
CCC (Code Craft Council) Progress
- NULS team posted the “NULS 2.0: Philosophy of Design & Why NULS 2.0?” on Medium and other platforms. The core team introduces an innovative microservice concept in the infrastructure design of blockchain, which designs software applications as service suites that can be deployed independently. This concept introduces the most advanced ideas in the NULS 1.0 architecture and transforms them with enhanced flexibility into a new modular design, making modules as flexible as programs that can start independently. This new modular architecture enhanced with microservice suites, that have no programming language limitations, is called NULS 2.0. Both Chain Factory and Cross-Chain Modules are being developed in coordination with this architecture.
- On Nov 21st, 2018 (GMT+8), the NULS Open-Source Technology Meet-Up in Singapore was successfully held at BitTemple Office. In addition to blockchain developers, the attendees also included developers proficient in Java, C++, C#, Go, PHP and Nodejs. The enthusiasm of Singapore developers was beyond expectation. Naveen, a member of NULS CCC, analyzed the NULS project in detail from a technical perspective and invited developers to join the NULS technical community on the spot.
- From Nov 23rd to 25th, a large blockathon in Sydney, Australia sponsored by NULS: 2018 Bitfwd Sydney Blockathon was successfully held at Michael Crouch Innovation Center in University of New South Wales. Twelve five-member teams campaigned for tokens and cash awards worth more than $10,000 Australian dollars. Some excellent teams wrote smart contracts on the NULS test-net, and one of the projects, Money Makers, got the fourth place. A team member of Money Makers, Tudor, showed great interests in the NULS technical community and will help develop the NULS mobile wallet. NULS CCC member Moshe, as well as team members Omar and Essam, participated in the blockathon and provided support to the participants.
- After technical events such as the meet-up in Singapore and the blockathon in Australia, many developers actively joined the technical community and started to communicate with community members.
- CCC members who joined respective module teams started the code review.
- NULS CCC member Moshe posted his work report on the community forum HERE.
- NULS CCC Berzeck, along with team member Davi and technical community member Lambda, have started to develop NULS 2.0 C++ version.
- Targeted invitations for NULS technical community have been sent to the blockchain developers in Vietnam, Thailand and other ASEAN countries. Nearly 20 developers joined the NULS technical community.
Business and Community
Business & Community Events
- Exciting news! We are less than a week away from the NULS Foundation USA Grand Opening on Dec 10th in San Jose, California. Our CEO Liesa Huang, COO Isaac Kim, Regional Directors David Wasson and Omar Elmir, Senior Director of Marketing James Barnes and NULS US Ambassador Jay are all gonna be there! We have invited guests from companies all over Silicon Valley and everyone is super excited to attend this event!
- NULS has reached strategic partnership with ZS Blockchain in the United States. The cooperation between NULS and ZS Blockchain will introduce the world’s leading blockchain technology into the blockchain business consulting field, bringing infinite possibilities. Both sides firmly believe that the combination of traditional business models and blockchain technology can truly promote the application of blockchain.
- NULS and Morpheus Labs have reached further cooperation to jointly promote the large-scale application of blockchain technology. Morpheus Labs, a company offering Blockchain Platform-as-a-Service (BPaaS) and applications in Singapore, will add NULS to its blockchain platform. In addition, Morpheus Labs also operates an application market.
- On Nov 16th, NULS was invited to attend the Bit-Z Global Ecology Alliance and Korea Strategic Layout Conference. NULS Advisor Andy Chae spoke at the roundtable on the theme of “How can we better promote cryptocurrency development in South Korea”, including the analysis of the popularity of the blockchain asset market in South Korea and the view on the 24.2% revenue tax Korean exchanges have to pay. He also expressed his opinion on whether the phenomenon that the Korean Composite Stock Index dropped 13.48% in October and a large number of investors turned to the crypto market will bring a new round of opportunities.
- On Nov 17th, David Wasson, NULS US Regional Director, attended the “Outside the Blockchain” event organized by the University of Oregon Blockchain Group. At the event, he introduced the consensus mechanism and technical advantages of NULS, receiving a warm response. David’s presentation is shared HERE.
- James Barnes from the United States officially joined the NULS (USA) team in San Jose, California, USA, and became the Senior Director of Marketing. The NULS global team added another talent!
- After fierce competition, NULS successfully entered the Responsible Blockchain World Championship — China Semifinal. On Nov 23rd, Alicia Huang, NULS Business Director, and NULS Product Manager Emerson Hu represented NULS in the RBWC China Open in Shenzhen, China. Ultimately, NULS successfully emerged from 25 projects from China, Britain, South Korea, Lithuania, Australia and other countries, and became one of the five winners to join in the RBWC China Semifinal in Hainan province, China.
- On Nov 22nd, VeriTag announced at the IMDA conference in Singapore that it would build a blockchain food safety ecosystem based on NULS. Reaper Ran, Community Management Director and Co-Founder, attended the conference and introduced the core features of NULS.
- In the evening of Nov 23rd, Ken Huang, NULS Advisor, Alicia Huang, NULS Business Director and Emerson Hu, NULS Product Manager, were invited to Huawei headquarters in Shenzhen for in-depth communication with Huawei experts. Mr. Weiyang Zhong, Minister of the Third Division of Huawei Data Management, and Mr. Mingsheng Hua, Managing Director of Accenture Digital Services in Greater China attended the conference.
- Reaper Ran, NULS Co-Founder & Director of Community Operations, was invited to attend CoinVoice’s community live Q&A. He shared the initial ideas, development status, vision and future planning of NULS, inviting community members and developers with dreams in the blockchain world to join the NULS community.
- NULS became one the first projects invited to settle in the “Gold Label Project” of Binance Info platform. The “Gold Label Project” is designed to help users get timely and in-depth information about the project. Users can obtain authoritative, accurate and comprehensive information and multi-dimensional data of the NULS project through Binance Info.
- NULS held online Thanksgiving event on social media Weibo and Twitter, to express gratitude to each community member for the contribution and support to the NULS community.
- Ambassadors have submitted their progress reports. Please check their reports on the community forum.
- INEX has officially listed NULS at 14:00 on Nov 28 (SGT).
- Bloex launched the NULS contract trading contest with a maximum reward of 5000 NULS.
- Docked with the exchanges for upgrading the main-net wallet. At present, most exchanges have upgraded to the new version of the NULS main-net.