February, 2019: Welcome to the NULS Bi-Monthly Progress Update:
All of the Development Modules of NULS 2.0 are Being Coordinated
What’s the latest news in the second half of February 2019? Let’s find out together!
1. Node Wallet
- The NULS test-net v1.1.7Beta2 has been launched, which adds a decentralized random number generation protocol. The test-net will switch to the new protocol after the percentage of consensus nodes with upgraded wallets reaches 90% and the height of the test-net increases another 30,000 blocks.
- The UI design of the new wallet has been finalized and front-end development is expected to start in mid-February.
2. NULS 2.0
- All NULS 2.0 developing modules are under joint debugging, which can complete the whole block-synchronizing process including network module refactoring. The protocol upgrade module and cross-chain module are under development.
3. Blockchain Explorer
- The new version of blockchain explorer has been developed and is now in the testing phase. Now the internal test has been completed and it has been launched to the test-net to give access to the test-net data.
4. White Paper 2.0
- The Chinese version of NULS white paper 2.0 has been finalized, and the relevant translation work has been completed. The community and CCC are reviewing it, and expect it to be finalized in mid-February.
5. NULS Documentation Portal
- The feedback of the documentation portal is still being collected and the update of the documentation website has been completed.
6. Module Repository
- The module repository solution and modular blockchain development solution are improved based on the team’s review results, and the final solution will be determined in February.
- Moshe has launched NYTRO desktop-side light wallet v0.9.1 (beta2), which is available in Windows, Linux and MacOS versions.
- Naveen and Edward are still involved in the development of the event bus and account modules.
- Claudio and Josh keep focusing on the improvement of the official website. Claudio proposes a new official website architecture, which provides different presentation frameworks for different roles (investors, developers and business users).
- CCC candidate Tudor is developing an APP wallet for NULS and has completed the UI design.
- Berzeck leads Ray (CCC member) and Davi (Core team member) to continue the development of NULSTAR project, and the progress is normal.
- Controller module is able to recursively parse all configuration files (Module.ncf);
- Websockets management is finished, so each module can process requests and send requests seamlessly;
- A rudimentary queue is implemented to process messages;
- Validators of each type of messages are implemented;
- Preliminary CMake support;
- Connection handlers;
- Connector Module draft design is progressing, English translation required;
- Service Manager will able to process API registration correctly with latest specification version (to be completed in the next 24 hours);
- Initial setup of Tester Module that will allow performing integration and non-functional tests with non obstrusive code;
- The automatic API builder is enhanced (to be completed in the next 24 hours);
- Bug squashing.
- First week of February: some deeper integration tests will be performed with NULS 2.0 modules, including API registration and connection information exchange;
- First week of February: Connector design document will be finished so it will be possible to develop it concurrently;
- In February 4 components will be released in Alpha state (for developers testing): Service Base Library (SBL), Service Manager Module, Controller Module and Connector Module.
Business & Community Events
- Hena, the South Korean ecological partner of NULS, visited the NULS team to hold discussions about NULS cooperation.
- NULS adopts the Chinese name “纳世链”. From January 3rd to January 15th, we voted in the community on the proposal “NULS adopts the Chinese name ‘纳世链’”, with the final approval rate over 90%. The proposal has been approved, and NULS officially has its Chinese name “纳世链”. This is an attempt of the NULS community to decide the important issue related to NULS project together, which is a reflection of collective wisdom and a practice of community autonomy.
- CCID, under the China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, announced the Center’s 9th update of its Global Public Blockchain Technology Assessment Index (GPBTAI) on Jan. 24, which is also the first issue in 2019. NULS ranks sixth on the list with the total index 107.7.
- The result of Top Contributors Selection for NULS Community in 2018 Q4 has been announced. @Aurora, @Nalex, @Shirley, @Xaviand @Xiaoyao are awarded as outstanding quarterly contributors.
- Martini, NULS UK Ambassador, participated in the cryptocurrency community meet-up in Greece on Jan. 26, and introduced NULS to the attendees via live video.
- U.S. Ambassador Jay has resigned as U.S. Ambassador >https://nuls.community/d/317-usa-ambassador-report
- Your Altcoin, a well-known channel on YouTube (Subscribers: 48,592), has released a video on the topic of My Top 5 Cryptocurrency Picks For 2019:”I’d like to show you my top five cryptocurrency picks for 2019 because I want you to see the value behind this choice, not just to focus on the increase or decrease in the price of cryptocurrencies. These cryptocurrencies are among the best cryptocurrencies in the world and have more advantages over many of their peers.” >Video Link
- MCLEROTV, a well-known channel on YouTube (Subscribers: 18,993), has released a Spanish-subtitled interview video with NULS COO Isaac. >Video Link
- On Jan. 28, Liesa, NULS Core Team CEO, was invited to participate in the first New Year Sharing Session of Binance Chinese Telegram, bringing us the theme of “NULS’s Future Development”. Real stuff and red packets made for a hot event in the Binance Chinese Telegram with more than 70,000 group members, and thousands of members participated in the sharing and Q&A session. The turnout went beyond imagination. He Yi came to the event and the whole Binance Chinese Telegram set off a NULS frenzy.
- Reaper Ran has written and published the article “Taking a view at the necessity of community autonomy from the perspective of the contradiction and unity of production relations”.
- An article on analyzing NULSTAR architecture “Laying out blockchain underlying framework to capture the trillion dollar market” has been published to the community.
For the early blockchain industry, whether the underlying framework specifically supporting the development of blockchain can come out early has a great impact on the development of the industry, and in turn it is also a huge market.
- The 4th Air Class in NULS Chinese Community has started >https://nuls.community/d/323-nuls
- Niels Wang, Product Development Director of NULS Core Team, participated in the 5th Air Class in the NULS community to share the story of the NULS technical team. Learn More
- The 6th Air Class in the NULS Community has started: How to apply for NULS community fund?
- CCC members Cladio, Naveen, Josh, Angel, Berzeck, and Moshe initialed a proposal for increasing node rewards.
- Niels Wang, Product Development Director of NULS Core Team, created a proposal — NULS main-net supports the protocol upgrade of random numbers at the bottom level — in the community forum.
- Community member @guanyu published several posts on thinking about competitive proposals and respect for the value of ideas.
- Community member @guanyu has developed a WeChat mini-program (nulst) and is applying for the community found. Link: https://nuls.community/d/306-nulst
- African Ambassador @tinetien89 is asking the community for the community fund to jointly sponsor and co-organize 2 events. The events are planned to be held at the end of Febuary and end of March 2019, with the total funds required about 1400 NULS. Link: https://nuls.community/d/315-fund-request-for-nuls-sponsored-event
- Community members @ xiaoxin released a proposal, asking for community fund to operate and promote the NULS fan site (hellonuls). “To move forward the development of the NULS community and increase visibility of the NULS brand, I develop this special display platform — hellonuls. By running the website in the Internet-like promotion way and drawing the new users from the traffic in the traditional field, let more people know and understand NULS. Now the website is live. Website Link: http://www.hellonuls.com/”.
Hope to get community support. Post Link: https://nuls.community/d/311-nuls-hellonuls
- Community member @abc intends to operate the “NULS daily Q&A column” in 8btc and created a proposal to apply for the community fund. Post Link: https://nuls.community/d/312-nuls
New Note: when a proposal is created by a community member, an (appointed) council member will follow up the proposal. If the (appointed) council member needs to hand over the proposal to other council members an appropriate reason, the new (appointed) council member will take over the proposal after the turnover by the council.