Jan 22th, 2019: Welcome to the NULS Bi-Monthly Progress Update: NULS is Listed on the CCID’s 2018 Top 10 Public Blockchains in Creativity
The blockchain world never stops! See what NULS has achieved in the past two weeks:
1. NULS 2.0
- Completed the refactor of the RPC tool.
- Completed the development of the transaction management module.
- Completed the development of the ledger management module.
- Started the joint debugging of the following modules: network, accounts, transactions, ledger, block management and consensus.
- Started the joint debugging of API-server. Except for the interface related to statistics and smart contract, the other interfaces have been successfully jointly debugged and will enter the test stage next week.
2. Blockchain Explorer
- The front-end page development has been completed, currently in the joint debugging with API-server, which is in process according to the original iteration plan.
3. New Wallet
- The UI design has been completed and the UI review is expected to be completed this week.
4. NULS Documentation Portal
- On Jan. 11, 2019, the NULS Documentation Portal has been completely revised and upgraded, and is adapted to the mobile terminal. You can visit it at docs.nuls.io. The new documentation portal provides a variety of documents related to developers, general users, and community members. >Learn More
5. Node Wallet
NULS test-net wallet client v1.1.7-beta1 has been launched.
- Fixed the block-stuck issue that may occur when right-clicking the taskbar to exit the program and then restarting.
- Added an interface to obtain the serialized information about the transaction by the transaction hash.
- Added an interface to obtain the serialized information about the block by the block height.
- Added an interface to query the balance of all node address.
Technical Community Progress
CCC (Code Craft Council) Progress
The NULS technical community is a group of passionate and thoughtful developers. They will work together with the NULS core technical team to design and build the NULS’s underlying technology and blockchain applications. As the core team of NULS technical community, NULS CCC (CODE CRAFT COUNCIL) is composed of the world-wide top developers and plays an important role in the development of the NULS project.
- The desktop-side light client developed by CCC member Moshe is expected to be completed in this week.
- Ray has officially joined CCC and works with CCC member Berzeck and NULS core technical team member Davi to develop NULSTAR.
Business & Community Events
- Planned and launched the New Year’s Day activity — “Gather vigor, win gift”, 2019 starts with a new chapter. The event has more than 2000 participants, and gifts have been delivered.
- The Top Contributors Selection for NULS Community in 2018 Q4 has been launched. Making blockchain simpler is not simple. In 2019, we expect to work with you to achieve a better vision! The proposal and voting of the top contributors in Q4 are in process: https://nuls.community/d/299-the-top-contributors-selection-for-nuls-community-proposal-2018-q4-ncg20190114
- Portuguese Ambassador issued his work report.
- African Ambassador issued his work report.
- The Silicon Valley casual coffee sit-down with some NULS core team members in SiliconValley including CEO Liesa Huang, COO Isaac Kim, USA Director David Wasson, Marketing Dir. James Barnes and AU Dir. Omar Elmir.
- Reaper Ran, NULS Co-Founder and Community Management Director, shared the theme of POC consensus mechanism design in NULS Air Class (2th):
- Shanghai WiChain Information Technology Co., Ltd. joins the NULS Node Campaign.
Node Profile — wichain_nuls. Shanghai WiChain Information Technology Co., Ltd. is a blockchain technology company focusing on the blockchain technology research and application R&D services, which is committed to providing safe, efficient and low-cost technical services and product services to blockchain technology enthusiasts and enterprises. The core members of the team consist of Liu Jialing (Cancer), the director of BitShares and the founder of WiChain, Jevon, the co-founder and CEO of WiChain , and Zheng Yushan (Dashan), the director of BitShares. The NULS node with ID 41EF889B and name wichain_nuls is currently running for election. It will contribute to the ecological construction of NULS. At present, the node has successfully started consensus.
- The 2018 Done List has been released. We are looking forward to an even better year in 2019 — The Year of the Chain Factory!
- CCID, under the Country’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, announced the Center’s the “2018 Top 10 Public Blockchains in Creativity” on Jan. 9th, and NULS has been successfully listed as the only domestic project. The Global Public Blockchain Technology Assessment is conducted by the CCID (Qingdao) Blockchain Research Institute under the China’s Center for Information and Industry Development. Since May 2018, the assessment results are released monthly, with up to 8 assessment indexes issued in 2018. The NULS project ranked at 6th place in the latest update.
- Open source is not an option, but a necessity: Discussion about the innovation of the public chain in 2019
On Jan. 9th, Pu Songtao, the header of CCID’s public blockchain project assessment, and Liesa, NULS CEO, discussed and shared the innovation implementation of the public blockchain, and released the “CCID’s 2018 Top 10 Public Blockchains in Creativity”. Meanwhile, Liesa accepted a profile with Shiliucaijing.com on topics related to blockchain innovation. Learn More
- NULS has officially settled in Daily Shakes and opened the “NULS” project circle. Next NULS will together with Daily Shakes build an ecological community in Daily Shakes to enable the diverse development of blockchain.
- We published an article to interpret micro-service architecture and blockchain — Why Alibaba and Didi’s favorite microservices can perfectly integrate with blockchain? With the maturity of micro-service architecture technology in recent years, more and more well-known enterprises, including Alibaba, Didi and Vipshop, have turned to utilize microservices to refactor their systems. Even in the blockchain industry, a global hit in 2017, the micro-service architecture is also a choice of some blockchain projects. Why are these famous companies beginning to renounce the monolithic architecture and use microservices instead? How can the blockchain be integrated with microservices? Learn More
- Community member @Nalex has opened an online shopping mall for NULS various peripheral products. Wearing a cool T-shirt for the beloved, you will be equipped with the power to break through all obstacles. We are surprised to see Nalex design a series of creative peripheral products around NULS, and recently opened an online mall. Nalex expressed his support and passion for the NULS project with actions, and shared it with everyone. The graphic language talks a lot and patterns designed by Nalex are fascinating. You can check it out at https://www.teepublic.com/user/nalexnuls and thumb up to Nalex! The community is full of the talented, and we are looking forward to more interesting ideas or products. Learn More
- NULS was invited to attend the 13th Winner Block Investment and Financing Salon
At 2:00 P.M. on Tuesday, January 10, 2019, the 13th Winner Block Investment and Financing Salon event was successfully held in Beijing, which is also the last event before the Spring Festival in 2019 by Winner Block. @Alicia, NULS Business Manager, was invited to attend the event, and shared NULS’s detailed introduction and core product with the attendees with the theme “NULS — Multi-language and Modular Chain Factory”. As the only project in China listed on the CCID’s 2018 Top 10 Public Blockchains in Creativity, NULS has won much praise for its leading technical concepts and solid technical foundation.
- The first bounty tasks of the “NULS Documentation Incentive Program” were released for the community. Two community members have written the usage guild for NULS client and web wallet. Thanks for the support and dedication of the community members, the reward will be delivered soon. Stay tuned for the second round!
- Community member @guanyu has developed a WeChat mini-program (nulst) and is applying for support from Community Foundation. You can check out the post in the community forum.
- Progress has been made in docking between the hardware wallet Ledger and the NULS system.
Join our social media and explore NULS!
LinkedIn 👉Follow now
Twitter 👉Follow now
Reddit 👉Subscribe now
YouTube 👉Subscribe now
Instagram 👉Follow now