Nov 19th, 2018: Welcome to the NULS bi-monthly progress update.
What’s the latest news? Let’s find out together!
1. NULS Wallet
a. Updated the test-net to v1.1.3-beta2.
• Optimized the NVM class loading mechanism;
• Fixed the bug that the smart contract internally invoking does not take effect;
• Fixed the bug of having exception when restarting node after dropping the forked chain.
b. Test-net v1.1.3-beta3 is undergoing public beta.
• Optimized the block download process;
• Improved download efficiency and optimized the switching logic of the chain after forking;
• Optimized memory management;
• Optimized network handshake logic, etc.
Plan for the next stage:
After the test-net has proven to be stable, the new version of main-net will be released. It is expected that the main-net v1.1.3 will be launched at the end of November.
2. Web Wallet
• The mobile adaptation has been developed and launched on the test-net for public beta on Nov 12th.
Plan for the next version:
• Multi-asset function is in the process of product design. It is expected to support multi-assets after the upgrade of the main-net to v1.1.3 protocol.
3. Blockchain Explorer
• The explorer now supports the token list display. Users can view which tokens are currently issued using NRC-20 standard, and can further view the token details, such as basic information, addresses which hold the tokens, transactions related to the tokens, etc.
• The explorer supports the display and query of the Contracts list, and the further query of Contract details, such as basic information, transactions related to the contract, and all methods of the contract;
• Optimized the mobile adaptation;
• The test-net has been launched for public beta and will be released along with the main-net v1.1.3.
Plan for the next version:
• Optimized the back end of the explorer to improve performance and the speed of access and query; The design style of the new explorer has been decided, and it is expected to complete product review before November 21st, and complete the launch at the end of November.
1. Official Website (nuls.io)
Current Progress (launched already):
• Added the NULS intro video on the homepage to explain the NULS technical architecture;
• Added Developer page that allows users to access GitHub, documents, tools and test-net;
• Added Media page, which consists of four parts: Activities, News, Guide and Find Us.
Plan for the next version:
• Add the Chinese version;
• Add the community section;
• Update Developer page to add the CCC part;
• Add the content display of the bi-monthly report on Media page;
It is expected that new features will be published before Nov 26th.
2. Industry Research
We will regularly research what other blockchain projects are doing. Last week, we researched the scaling solutions of Ethereum, of which the Layer 1 solutions and Layer 2 solutions including Capser, Sharding, Plasma, etc., and also shared internally with team members. The technical members conducted in-depth research on the anonymous technology projects such as Dash, Monero and Zcash to enrich the module repository of NULS and provide support for more scenario applications.
3. Data Analysis
In September, the team began to add event tracking to explorer and web wallet in collection of usage data, and began to add event tracking to official website in November to collect access data. The product group analyzes the data of these three products every two weeks and observes the usage information, to help improve the core products with the data.
4. Smart Contract Library
The technical team built a Smart Contract Library on GitHub to collect quality contracts written by the community, providing them to other members of the community for selection and use. With the growing contributors, the smart contract library will gradually enrich. In the library, there are already contracts for voting, red packets, auctions, lottery, pixels, etc. The product group will organize the smart contract library every two weeks.
Technical Community Progress
CCC (Code Craft Council) Progress
• Proposed new candidates Naveen and Edward to be members of CCC, who are currently in the voting stage. During the nearly one-month observation, they maintained close communication with the core dev team to assist in writing documentation and participating in the development of code.
• Node rewards for CCC members Berzeck and Moshe have been promoted. Their outstanding contributions over the past few months have been unanimously recognized by CCC members.
• The Team page of the official website adds an introduction column for CCC, and we will deliver CCC related information in time and update the official website and forum synchronously.
Business and Community
- David Wasson, NULS US Regional Director attended the “Outside the Blockchain” event organized by the University of Oregon Blockchain Group on November 17th and delivered a speech. The event attracted teachers, students, entrepreneurs, commercial organizations, blockchain project incubators and other institutions to participate. More information will be revealed shortly. Learn more about University of Oregon Blockchain Group HERE.
- NULS COO Isaac Kim will attend the “Blockchain Opportunity Summit” in New York on December 4th and 5th and deliver a keynote speech.
2. South Korea
- On November 16, NULS was invited to attend the Bit-Z Global Ecology Alliance and Korea Strategic Layout Conference. NULS Advisor Andy Chae spoke at the roundtable on the theme of “How to better promote cryptocurrency development in Korea”. When talking about the Korean cryptocurrency market, Andy mentioned that although Korea has a certain lead in related fields, the relevant policies are relatively cautious. He believed that technology must bring practical benefits to people, rather than staying in the concept. He mentioned that NULS is currently cooperating with numerous Korean companies and helping them build blockchains on the NULS platform. NULS is working to build blockchain infrastructure to help with the technology to benefit our life.
- Inheriting the spirit of open source and continuing the chain legend, we will hold the NULS Blockchain Open-Source Technology Meet-Up in BitTemple Office, Singapore at 6:30 PM on November 21st. At that time, Liesa, NULS Core Team CEO, Ang Kang Wei, NULS Community Ambassador in Singapore and Naveen, NULS Technical Community member, will be present. More than 200 people have signed up and the enthusiasm of developers is beyond expectation. We are preparing for several offline technology salons around the world, including in South Korea, Russia, Australia, the United States, and Taiwan.
- NULS is sponsoring a blockathon organized by BITFWD. The event will be held in Sydney, Australia from November 23rd to 25th. At that time, CCC Member Moshe will attend and guide the participating developers to develop smart contracts on NULS.
- NULS plans to expand its African market next and is currently recruiting a community manager to cover African investors.
- On November 1st, NULS Business Director Alicia Huang was invited to attend the Ear Fund to share the latest news of NULS with the Taiwan exchange, the Singapore exchange and mainland Chinese media.
- On November 4th and 5th, Alicia was invited to attend the first training of STO Alliance Huangpu, and had an in-depth communication with Zhang Songya, China STO Sponsor and Founder of the world’s first STO-focused investment fund.
- On November 6th, Alicia was invited to attend the offline salon of the China-US Blockchain Association, and preached the current situation of NULS with Quarkchain, Tianfeng Securities, and NuChain, etc.
- Introduced the NULS technical route to Dr. Ma Zhaofeng from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications;
- Communicated with the researchers of Tsinghua University’s School of Economics and Management about the blockchain business model.
- On November 10th, NULS CEO Liesa was invited to attend the Public Chain Technology Alliance Launch Conference held in Shanghai. We are very pleased to see that more public blockchain projects with the same development concept can work together in an open and win-win manner to open up ecological islands between the public chains and promote the healthy development of the industry.
- The community concept of the NULS community is officially published. It is not easy for the community or the core team of NULS to truly accomplish “Open, Liberal, Autonomous, Self-Evolving”. Therefore, we record them on the blockchain to keep reminding the NULS community to stay true and move toward the original goal. NULS community is the driving force for the development of NULS. Community is not only the technical developer, but also the product manager and user of NULS as well. We look forward to the co-building and sharing of NULS in future.
- On November 11th, Liesa, NULS Core Team CEO, was invited to attend the 16th CSDN Blockchain Technology Salon and shared on the theme of “How Does Open-Source Technology Community Promote Blockchain Technology Innovation”. She believed that blockchain open-source technology has the characteristics of co-construction, sharing, and common evolution. The open-source technical community is the catalyst for technology innovation. She mentioned that NULS is open and embraces the community to participate in the discussion and construction of NULS core technology. Specifically, she shared the Nulstar design of Berzeck, a core member of the NULS technical community.
- According to the official announcement of BLOEX, BLOEX Futures Contract has added NULS on November 15th, 2018 (HKT).
- During the event scheduled from October 15th to November 15th 2018, over 30 articles were published in English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian and Bahasa Indonesia, which can be checked on Steemit and the result has been posted on the community forum HERE.
- Published new ambassador election rules HERE. Currently, we have 9 ambassadors who are actively working for the NULS Community. Once smart contracts are launched on the NULS main-net, there will be a community voting tool. Appointments of the ambassadors should be decided by the community. During this time, community members have given many suggestions, so we have set up some new detailed campaigning rules for the ambassadors. This will be the first step toward community autonomy, which is an important goal of NULS. It requires many fundamental tools as well as the support from everyone in the community.
- NULS community members have produced a lot of creative videos/pictures. They are available on Telegram.