After the launch of the NULS test-net v1.1.3-beta on Oct 18th, the test-net has been switched to the new protocol at 19:12:00 on Oct 18th, 2018 (GMT+8), after the percentage of consensus nodes with upgraded wallets reaches 90% and the height of the test-net increases another 10,000 blocks. However, due to the fact that test in internal network environment is unable to simulate the scenario of simultaneously upgrading multiple versions in the external network environment in reality, most of the nodes were forked the moment the test-net upgraded. This resulted in the failure of consensus in the test-net, which affected the normal use of users.
The test-net v1.1.3-beta1, an emergency Bugfix test-net version, is now released to resolve this problem and enable the smart contract functions. Please update in time.
Thanks to all our community members who have participated in the public beta. It was your participation that helped us detect this problem in time and avoid the risk of similar error in the main-net. Here, we sincerely apologize to the community, espscially to friends who are waiting for the smart-contract to be launched on the test-net. In the future, we will be more cautious on releasing and testing the new versions, and we will continue to maintain a secure and stable network environment, so as to offer better user experience to everyone.
- Special note: It is expected to be relatively time-consuming to roll back the blocks. So we recommend you to download the test-net wallet v1.1.3-beta1 first, and then sync the data.
- At the time this announcement is posted, we’re facing some technical issues with our GitHub link and the team will try to upload ASAP. The backup links to download the new version are: win64, linux64, macOS and Data package.
- Unzip the files to your local directory;
- Stop previous versions of the test-net wallet;
- Start the test-net wallet v1.1.3-beta1.
How to Get Test Tokens:
- Go to the test-net web wallet page: testnet.wallet.nuls.io;
2. Click the [testnet NULS] button at the top to enter the application page;
3. Fill in your test-net wallet address in the box, click Apply, and test tokens will be transferred to your account.
The first 100 addresses will each get 30,000 NULS test tokens, and 5,000 test tokens for each address afterwards. If you need more tokens to do the test, please go to the community forum to apply: HERE
Note: The test environment will be active for a long period of time, so test tokens are long-term effective. The NULS team is unable to give out test tokens freely, so please keep your test-net private key safe to avoid losing any test tokens. Please keep in mind that the NULS test tokens are used only for testing, thus having no extra value elsewhere.
Thanks for your continued support!
Your NULS team